segunda-feira, 15 de março de 2010

Re-starting with a greenhouse

Today I decided that it was time to clean-up the studio and re-start working on my projects after this hard winter. And as the sky is so blue today I choosed to put on the table one of my greenhouses and try to finish it.

I know already that I´m not able to discipline myself and I  will go on jumping from a project to another till the next winter....

I bought this greenhouse  in Seville, already with this finish, I would prefer the white colour, but I think they only supply this colour.



Two years ago I started already to paint a trompe l´oeil in tempera for the background  but  today when I saw it I decided  to finish it in oil  or re-start from the beginning because I´m not satisfied with it. You know that oils can be applied over tempera, but the contrary is not possible.


This is the set I choosed to the decorate the inside, I had it already.

I hope to show you more photos as soon as possible.

11 comentários:

  1. I've been having a bit of a clear out too - must be the time of year. It's a lovely little property and your artwork's superb. It'll be nice watching this one progress.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Ana, this looks wonderful! A great project for spring. I love the painted backdrop and the kitty on the roof. I also see behind it all you have a beautiful garden - you are so lucky. Here in Alberta, Canada it will be a few months yet before we see green like this. Enjoy!
    Cynthia

    ResponderEliminar
  3. What a sweet project! I love the little gazebo. I love the furnishings for it!

    Jody

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Ana, I wish I had the talent to paint such wonderful trompe l'oeil! If you think this isn't good enough I can't imagine what you will do next. That litle setting is lovely. This will be a great project to 'watch' :)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. These look so pretty! Ana
    The blue trompe l'oeil looks beautiful with the orange!

    LL Nat:~)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Thank you all I hope to finish it next month, and I´ll try to do my best not to disappoint you,
    Ana

    ResponderEliminar
  7. No way you will disappoint us!! The greenhouse looks great already, and I am sure it will be perfect what ever you choose to do!
    Enjoy!
    Synnøve x

    ResponderEliminar
  8. It's lovely and you are doing an excellent work!!!
    I love it!!
    Meli

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I think your painting is lovely as it is, but
    it will be great to see how you will change it!
    I like the furnitures too and the little
    gazebo itself of course!

    Eva J

    ResponderEliminar