segunda-feira, 1 de março de 2010

I love roses



Today I found the first rose in my garden, a  very shy botton.....but for me it is a sign that spring will arrive soon, this year we are crossing a very hard winter.


A lonely rose bud in my garden

Every year we have lovely roses and the most beautiful are these in lilac.


I assure you that the colour of this roses is absolute natural and they are beautiful.

I am  also very found of these ones: yellow and orange:


As soon as the weather gets better I will return to my studio after these months of "hibernation" and start painting, and I´m thinking precisely in painting some roses. Next I will show you some of my paintings dedicated to this beautiful flower.


Oil on canvas - scale 1/1 - (the lace is also painted on a black background)

Oil on canvas - Miniature scale 1/12

Oil on canvas - miniature scale 1/12


Oil on canvas - scale 1/1

5 comentários:

  1. You have wonderful roses in your garden - I'm a rose enthuastic having over 100 different roses in my garden. I just hope that they have survived this awful winter, so cold. And we have so much snow that it will be May before all of it has melted. So do enjoy your wonderful climate there :)

    And your paintings, awesome! I especially love the one with the parrot, the lace is superbly done!

    Ira

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Beautiful roses! Beautiful pictures!I just love this picture in the middle:)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It´s nice to receive your comments, thank you,
    Ana

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Ola Ana!

    Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!

    I lived in Lisboa for approximately 7 years. My stepmother is from Portalegre. I have so many fond memories of my years living in Portugal!

    I am going to post one of these days very soon about the doll china that I have that was also made in Portugal!

    The teacup says it was made in (I can't make out the first letters as it's faded) I think it's ESTATUARIA

    Have a wonderful day!

    ((Hugs))
    Marsha

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Beautiful roses and your painting are exquisite. Thank you very much for visiting my blog, so lovely to meet you. Cheers, Jean

    ResponderEliminar